Saturday, June 6, 2009

Xian Day 1 April 23

On Thursday, I woke up at 8 a.m., walked to Chinese class and left early to catch my train at 1:15 p.m.. For some reason, the conductors in China take the passenger's tickets and replace them with cards that are switched back for the ticket before leaving the train. The conductor did this with my ticket, but I wasn't surprised since Wentao warned me about this beforehand.


Below is the hard-sleeper compartment of the train, which I was in. The train is split up into seats (which are the cheapest), hard sleepers (which have six beds), and soft sleepers (which are the most expensive because they only have four beds but are more or less like hard sleepers).




My bed is in the middle right corner of the picture.




Some of the scenery on the way to Xian.



For the most part, I worked on my homework. I talked a little bit with a girl whose bed was at the very top on the left side of the sleeper. People kept coming by selling food, snacks, and toothbrushes. I bought dinner from one of them, which included rice, cauliflower, meat, and tofu. The lights on the train went out at 10 p.m., so I then went to brush my teeth and tried to go sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment