Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Class and meeting with Mabel again

On Wednesday (February 25), I had to attend a Chinese make-up class because we will be missing one when we go to Emeishan and Leshan on March 17 and 18. On the way there, I ran into Emma and we walked to class together. Once we got to First Ring Road, we noticed that the traffic was really bad and found out that the railing on the bridge going over the road had been damaged as if a car had driven into it. We didn't know if the car had fallen off the bridge or not because they already had people cleaning up the scene.

The bridge


Only 6 people showed up, so it was a pretty enjoyable class because we just talked about random things like “Kung Fu Panda” and our teacher’s son. I asked how old her son was and she said 22. One of my classmates was like, “Oh there you go” as a joke. I was like, “Yeah, right”. Before our class started, I took some pictures of my teacher and classmates.

My Chinese class (minus a few students)




My teacher


Anyways, after class, some of us had an hour and half before our Culture class was to begin, so we wrote our 300 word paragraph on education in China as compared to the U.S. and ate some lunch. After our Culture class, I met with Mable. The two of us went to Jinli street (next to Wuhouci Temple) and walked around, sampling some of the local foods that they were selling.

Zongzi (rice wrapped in leaves) and fried dumplings

Different meats and squid on sticks

Cold vegetables and meat in oil

Noodles with vegetables on top

Mabel treated me to some bamboo with rice inside

Sweets
Zongzi with vegetables and pancake-type things

I'm not sure what this is....

We stopped at a little restaurant in Jinli street and ate soup, vegetables wraps, and rabbit head.

Preparing to eat rabbit head (It was pretty good, actually)



Mabel taking apart the rabbit head

After dinner, Mabel and I went to Dairy Queen and got some blizzards. I asked Mabel if she wanted to meet up with my friends on Tibetan street. She said sure, so we went to meet them. We waited a while for them, and once Jared, Kevin, Emma, Christie and Gloria actually arrived, they didn't seem to know where they wanted to go. Jared and Kevin wanted to walk down Tibetan street because it was their New Year and they wanted to see what was going on since so many police officers were around. Emma, Christie and Gloria, however, wanted to go to Dairy Queen since they saw Mabel and I eating blizzards. I didn't really feel like following them and it was getting late, so Mabel drove me back to my apartment. We talked for a while in her car and made plans for me to go to Meishan. Afterwards, I returned home, blogged, and checked my email and facebook.


2 comments:

  1. so this might be a stupid/random question but the with the bamboo and the rice inside, do you eat the bamboo or just scoop the rice out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't eat the bamboo, just the rice inside. We're not pandas ;)

    ReplyDelete