Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wuhouci Temple Again (Saturday)

On Saturday (February 7), Marit, Kailey, Kevin, Emma, Gloria, Christie and I went to the Wuhouci Temple again. I had gotten free tickets from our Chinese teacher to see the lantern festival, so I decided I might as well go. We arrived around 3 or 4 and walked around. This time, since it was still daytime, we were able to see what the temple actually looked like. A few minutes after we there, our group split up and I was with Marit for most of the time. We walked around, bought fans, got something to eat, and then sat down and talked for a couple of hours. I told her a lot about myself and she told me more about herself. It was nice to get to know her better. We then got up again and walked to the souvenir shops where I bought more chopsticks as souvenirs. We finally left after about 4 or 5 hours. Everyone else had already returned home by this time.







The colorful lanterns again!












Everyone who left the room touched this trunk on their way out.





We went back to our apartment, dropped off our stuff and headed over to Emma's apartment to play cards. A couple of people that were there were on their way to a concert of some famous singer from Hong Kong, but some of us didn't really want to go, so we decided to play cards instead.

The group who stayed to play cards (minus Gloria)



2 comments:

  1. those lanterns are pretty badass. and the picture of the dude in the beigeish-tanish robe thing is kinda scary. he has a very intimidating pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yeah those lanterns are really pretty. I've been trying to find some for my mom and her friend, but have been unsuccessful so far. They only seem to sell red lanterns that aren't too pretty... I haven't found other colored ones.
    The guy is pretty scary looking. :)

    ReplyDelete