Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meeting Mabel

The next day, Sunday, I woke up at 11 am and got ready to meet my language partner, Mabel, at noon. I got her phone number from a former USAC student that I met at Zoe's. We decided to meet at my university. Mabel picked me up in her car and she drove us to Pizza Hut, which was really fancy and nice. It looked fairly new. I ordered ice cream and Mabel ordered some sort of green tea with ice cream in it. We talked for 5 hours at Pizza Hut, mostly about her family. She told me that she is an English teacher at a high school in Meishan, an hour south of Chengdu. She also told me that she had to drive back and forth between Chengdu and Meishan because her husband works in Chengdu and she works in Meishan. Her husband and she live with their parents. When Mabel is in Chengdu, she and her husband live with Mabel's parents-in-law. When she is in Meishan, she lives with her parents in their apartment. It was interesting to talk to her about her family. Mabel then dropped me off at home around 6 pm and I worked on my blog and surfed the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment