Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Birthday!!!!!!!!!

On Sunday, I woke up pretty late because I slept in. Shortly thereafter, Marit and Kevin knocked on my door and came in singing "Happy Birthday". Marit had a cake in her hands with candles lit. I was still in my pajamas and wasn't expecting them to come in. The cake, which was extremely intricate and delicious, had slid while Marit carried it home and the "2" had broken so it looked like I was turning 40 instead of 20. We brought the cake into the kitchen and ate some of it. Marit gave me the presents she bought for me (chopsticks with snakes on them and snake earrings for my birth year).

My CAKE!!!! :)

Later on that day, Narry and Jason came over and we decided where we wanted to eat dinner. We originally wanted to eat at Shangrila, but each person would have had to pay almost 200 kuai for their meal. Instead we decided to go to a Thai restaurant that cost about 30 kuai per person. We left around 6:30 and showed the taxi drivers the address. Once we arrived, however, we had the hardest time finding the restaurant. Everyone we asked kept telling us different directions. A couple of us had found it and they tried to tell the rest of us where it was, but we still got lost. We were stuck in this department store and couldn't get to the 3rd floor because we couldn't find the elevator or stairs. We finally did find the restaurant after about half an hour of searching. We then had to walk to the third floor of the restaurant, but we finally made it. Kevin, Jared and a couple others were already waiting for us. The waitresses then told us that we had to go to the 2nd floor to get our food and then grill or boil it ourselves. I was not prepared for this and traded my high heels for Emma's Uggs. I went downstairs with a tray and loaded up as much food as possible. I then proceeded to grill the food and then we were finally able to eat. I wasn't expecting it to be as much work as it was. But it was still worth it. The food was pretty decent and I had fun hanging out with my friends.

The restaurant






The 3rd floor. We had a nice breeze.



Out in the downtown area. It was a swing and a table.


After dinner, six of us went to a bar called Shamrock. I ordered a Tequila Sunrise and Caitlin joined us a short while after. We hung out there for a while and talked. I was talking to Caitlin for most of the time. We were swapping stories about how we met our boyfriends.

Shamrock

Caitlin, Marit and I

Marit, Kailey, Magnus, Emma, Jason and Caitlin

2 comments:

  1. just think of it this way...it was like you were on the penthouse of the restaurant. classy.

    ReplyDelete