Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Huanhuaxi Park

On February 23, I didn't have any classes because my Government class was canceled. I also didn’t go to Tai Chi because I was busy at that time. When I woke up, I bought some food from a bakery down the street from our apartment. At 1 pm, I met Ye Lu (the girl from the barbershop) and the two of us walked to First Ring road (a main road in Chengdu) and waited for 2 hours for Da Bing (Ye Lu’s friend and coworker). I met and talked to him the day I got my haircut.

Waiting for Da Bing by First Ring Road


Since he was taking really long to meet us, Ye Lu and I finally took the bus and then taxi to Huanhuaxi Park. We arrived at the park between 3 and 4 pm and began walking around until Da Bing came. He then met up with us and the three of us walked around for a couple of hours.

Arrival at the park

Ye Lu and I



Trolley buses that kept coming up behind us. They were kind of annoying.



This doesn't look very Chinese. It looks more like it came out of a fairly tale...

Turtle!

Heron








Some cool statues






Da Bing and Ye Lu

Transliteration-Chinese signs are hilarious

By the lake in the park



Da Bing playing with a Chinese baby that I thought was adorable.

Grandmother and grandchild


Ye Lu

There was a couple who had just gotten married and were taking their wedding pictures, so I thought I'd take some pictures. The bride looked beautiful. It was funny though because Ye Lu wore high heels to the park and her feet began to hurt after walking for a while. When the couple was leaving, the bride picked up her dress and we saw that she was wearing jeans and sneakers underneath! I was so surprised at that. Of course, we had to make fun of Ye Lu for wearing high heels. :)



Da Bing and I


Walking down where we probably shouldn't



Eating ice cream on a beautiful day

Fish




Video




A guy was doing calligraphy on the ground and handed the brush to Da Bing, who wrote some characters and then handed it to me. So, I started writing some English, seen in the videos and pictures below.










Beautiful flowers

In Chinese parks, apparently, they have these rocks that are supposed to massage your feet, so I had to try it out. It wasn't bad at first, but it was uncomfortable after a while.



There was a family next to us who had brought their son and two turtles with them. It was so cute!



Kites!We had to go to the where the kites were because we wanted to fly one ourselves. Da Bing bought one and we tried to fly it, but with no luck. By the time we got there, the wind was dying down, so we couldn't fly the kite.


These seemed to be professional kite flyers or something like that.



Da Bing trying to fly the kite.









After the park, the three of us went to a restaurant on First Ring road (one that I always pass on my way to school). Da Bing ordered some noodles for the three of us and we ate. Of course, I was the slowest one to finish because I’m naturally a slow eater and I can’t use chopsticks as well as the Chinese. Da Bing left a little early because he had to go meet a friend. After I finished eating, Ye Lu walked to her apartment and I walked to mine. At home, I studied for my test for the next day.

On my way back home:

A girl on the sidewalk selling shampoo or lotion...

People by our apartments exercising. This happens almost every evening. It's really weird because there's so many people exercising, but not in unison. They all just do their own thing.

1 comment:

  1. good photos. No doubt, a rare sunny day in Chengdu!

    ReplyDelete