Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wentao's Get Together (February 9th)

We were invited to Wentao's apartment for the end of the lantern festival, which was last Monday, in order to make jiaozi. I went to Chinese class and then Government. I returned home for about an hour before we had to leave for Wentao's. Around 5 pm, Jared, Christie and I shared a taxi there. We went to the 13th floor and entered Wentao's apartment. A couple of people were already there. Some people were playing the piano and others were standing around talking. I joined the people who were by the table and started talking to them and eating some brownies. After more people had arrived, we began making jiaozi. I made jiaozi until I became distracted by food that was being brought out by Wentao. I let someone else take over for me while I ate some seafood soup, fried vegetables, strawberries, etc. Once everyone finished making jiaozi, we waited for them to cook. All of us were just sitting around, talking, eating and enjoying ourselves. We tasted the jiaozi once they were cooked. They came out pretty good. :)

Christie and Jared playing the piano


Marissa and Wentao's husband in the kitchen

Making jiaozi



Wentao's husband cooking

Kevin on a tiny chair

Vivian (Wentao's assistant) and Will

Emma and Kailey

Will trying to carry Vivian

He finally succeeded (kind of)


After we ate, socialized for a bit, and said our thanks to Wentao, Marit and I took a taxi back home.

2 comments: