Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beautiful Day in Chengdu (March 5)

In the morning, I walked to Chinese class, but I would have much rather preferred to be outside because of the beautiful weather.

On my way to school





The International Students Building


Our teacher told us about 100 day party for babies, which is a celebration for when babies turn 100 days old. She was invited to one by her colleague, so that's how we found out about it. On my way home, I bought some sort of egg that a street vendor prepared for me. He cracked an egg onto a hot plate, added some vegetables, spices, and sausage to it, and then put it in a bag for me. It tasted pretty good, but there was a lot of it, which was surprising since he only used one egg. I then went on my laptop for 2 hours and went to the roof of my building to blog a little and enjoy the sunshine.

On the roof

A guy doing exercise on his roof








A garden on another roof










I came back to my apartment around 4 pm, blogged some more, ate dinner, and went to my internship at 6 p.m., where I sat in on Laura's (one of my classmates who was a teacher at Crayon Club) class and again completed student assessments. I noticed that some of the parents seemed a little overprotective, most likely due to the fact that they can only have one child, and therefore, want to make sure nothing happens to him or her. From Crayon Club, I walked back home with Laura.

2 comments: