Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sichuan University (March 15)

Mabel and Wang Jian picked me up from my apartment at 11:30 a.m. to go to Sichuan University in Chengdu. On the way there, we stopped for milk tea. Once we arrived at the university, we toured the campus. The weather was beautiful. The sun was shining and it was warm.

Part of the sports complex







Ping pong
A hotel on campus

An elementary school on campus

Foreign language building

The Political Science building, which doesn't look great







The inside of the bell


In China, people hang their laundry anywhere to dry

Ping pong again

Book sale

Apartments


From the university, Mabel's cousin drove us to the entrance of a park nearby, but there was an entrance fee, so Mabel and I walked by the river instead.



A fish swimming in the river

Mabel and I stopped at a restaurant to have a small snack. We ordered some seafood and she helped me with my Chinese homework. It felt nice to sit out in the open.

The restaurant


We returned to the university to meet up with everyone again. I fell asleep in the car. I was so exhausted from all my trips. Around 6:30 p.m., Mabel, her husband, her cousin, her husband and I went to dinner at a very fancy restaurant. I felt underdressed, but I couldn't do anything about it. The food was extremely tasty, but at point, Mabel's cousin's husband asked the waitresses to give me a fork and knife because I wasn't using the chopsticks well. I felt so embarrassed. When I returned home, I cleaned my room, worked on my blog and homework, and went to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. so busy! such an experience though- lvoe all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I'm extremely busy, but it's been awesome so far!!!! I'm glad you enjoy the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete