Friday, January 16, 2009

First Day of Class!

I didn’t have Chinese class on Monday, but I decided to go to school anyways. We arrived at about 9 a.m. and I sat in on Intermediate One just to see how it was and they were going over a lesson that I had already learned the semester beforehand. After this 3 hour long class (which is how long all of my classes are), my classmates and I went to lunch at a restaurant right next to school. I had a type of noodle soup, which I could barely eat for two reasons. First of all, the noodles were kind of slippery. Secondly, I suck at using chopsticks, so I can only get a little bit of food (if any) in my mouth at any one time. Nonetheless, the food itself tasted pretty good. At 1 pm, a couple of us had to go to Chinese Government and Politics. My professor seemed very nice, as do all of them thus far. He is Chinese but studied at Oxford in England, so he can speak English extremely well and even has a British accent. He also seems unbiased because he has both the western and Chinese perspective on every subject. I think the class will be pretty interesting. When the class was over, my classmate Kailey, and I walked back to our apartments, but kind of got lost. Some random Chinese guy walked up to us and asked us if we needed help. We told him where we were trying to go, but even he had to ask someone else where that was. Once he found out where we needed to go, he helped us back. To be honest, I didn’t know whether or not to follow him, but I was with Kailey so we just did. It turns out, he did know where to go and once we recognized where we were we told him we could find our way back on our own.
Unfortunately, I don’t remember what I did after I got back home. I think we went out to eat, but I don’t remember. Too much stuff has happened that I forgot what I did for the rest of the day. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment