Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Gym

On Friday, I had Chinese in the morning, but I got out an hour early because my teacher had to go somewhere. Unfortunately, she told us that she would make up the hour on Tuesday and Friday, which I'm not happy about. Anyways, I went home and ate, worked on my blog and slept. At around 6 pm, Marit, Kevin, Bjoernar, Laura and I walked to Laura's gym. I didn't really plan on working out, but I just decided to join them so I could see more of the city. The complex that the gym is in is very large and almost like a mall. It's called Music House and has bars, restaurants, a gym, stores, hair salons, etc. While the four of them worked out, I walked around the area and took some pictures. About 45 minutes later, I walked back to the gym and waited for them to finish their workout. Laura showed us her back because she had just gone to the hospital to get the toxins out of her back. Apparently in China you can pay for someone to put about 10 suction cups on your back to take out the toxins. It looks really painful, but Laura really likes it. Her back, however, looked like it just had HUGE hickeys or bruises all over it.
We then walked back towards the apartment and Laura took us back to the same restaurant we had gone to before (the small one where I'm in a picture with Bjoernar). I ordered some sort of rice with tomato sauce and vegetables. It was pretty delicious and not spicy for once (not that I have a problem with spicy food). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment