Saturday, January 17, 2009

School (and Internet!!!!)

Since I didn’t have Chinese class on Wednesday either, I “slept in” until about 10:45 a.m. I got ready to go to my Chinese Culture class, but since I wasn’t sure exactly how to get to school, I tried calling some of my friends to see if they would want to join me on my way to class. However, no one answered, so I had no other choice but to find my own way to school. Amazingly, I did find my way without getting lost once. I was very proud of myself. :) But I got to school about an hour early, so to kill time, I took pictures of the university’s campus. Afterwards, I headed back to the international building to go to Culture. The class seems like it will be interesting and the professor is really nice. During our 20 minute break, I had to buy some food on our floor because I hadn’t eaten lunch.

The little food store on our floor.



I bought something like ramen but better. It was called roasted beef noodles. It had beef, herbs, and noodles cooked in water. I felt weird though because I was eating in the class but I don’t think my professor minded. I also didn’t care because I was cold and starving.
After the class, a bunch of us walked back to the apartments and a couple of us (including myself) went to the grocery store to buy some food. If you didn’t already know this, China has very few dairy products. The stores have milk (although it’s sometimes hard to find), eggs and yogurt, but they don’t have cheese. It’s also hard to find good bread or ham. But, of course, they have a lot of rice and noodles (and candy). Once we got back (around 5:30 pm), Kevin and I called Wesley (a classmate of ours) to help us set up the internet. He tried to tell us what we needed to do over the phone but we couldn’t figure it out, so he came over to set it up for us. And much to my delight, he set up wireless on my computer. Since Marit and Kevin don’t have laptops, we’re going to share mine.
After Wesley left and I surfed the internet for about 2 or 3 hours because I was so excited to finally have internet, I had to do my Chinese homework. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment