Tuesday, January 13, 2009

:WARNING:
THIS WAS TAKEN FROM A MESSAGE IN FACE BOOK
I THOUGHT POSTING THIS MIGHT GIVE A LITTLE INSIGHT INTO WHAT CHRISTIANE IS UP TO - JOEY

Today I went to my Chinese class, ate lunch with my classmates, then went to the calligraphy class, which I'm not signed up for, but i wanted to check out. We went on a little field trip to get art supplies for the class and then three of us stayed after the "class" (field trip) was over. We walked around where the shop was, which was kind of like a flea market. there were so many shops there with so much different stuff (jewelry, scarfs, coins, new years decorations, etc.) and it was really interesting to see all of it. I liked the area there. Then the three of us went to a park nearby where they had beautiful buildings, tea houses, lakes, etc. We saw a woman doing a tai chi fan dance (see video), which was really awesome.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera... :( There were also 2 guys fighting there which was really weird and kinda funny cuz they couldn't really fight very well. the woman who tried to stop one of the guys was better than the guys themselves. Afterwards, the 3 of us went back to the university and i got to c the student dorms, which r very plain and not homey. A big group of us (15 to be exact) went and ate at a Tibetan restaurant, which had pretty good food. We ate pot pie, yak empanada type things, veggies fried in oil, and had chamomile tea. the bill was a disaster though, cuz we thought there were 16 of us so we divided the total by 16 and were short some money but someone had put in 100 kuai and wasn't getting all of it back, so it was just really embarrassing and confusing. So, I've had a pretty eventful day. I have also been trying to get my Internet to work but so far I've had no luck. someone was supposed to come by today to look at it, but he never did.

Also for those of you new to blogging, in order to leave a comment click the comments link below and add a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment