Saturday, January 31, 2009

Returning Home

We (Narry's parents, Narry, Kevin, Christie and I) got up at 7:30 am and drove back to Dujiangyan at 8. Once we arrived, we said our thanks and goodbyes to Narry's parents and Narry came into the bus station with us to buy our bus tickets for us. Kevin, Christie and I got on the bus and arrived to Chengdu. We then took a taxi back to our apartments and arrived around 11. Since I hadn't taken a dedent shower in about 4 days, I immediately went to the bathroom to take a relaxing bath. Marit warned me that she took a bath earlier and that it was only kind of warm. I didn't rhink anything of it, but once I actually got in and turned that water on, I realized what she was talking about. Apparently, our water heater had stopped working and I had to take a freezing bath. I was so mad because I had been looking forward to a nice hot bath. After what turned out to be my short shower, I lounged around the apartment until dinnertime. Kevin, Marit, Magnus and I walked around for a little while trying to find a restaurant that was open. Most of the restaurants were still closed because of the break. We finally found a nice one on a main road and went in. Shortly after we got our food, Magnus had to leave because he wasn't feeling well. After dinner, Kevin, Marit and I walked to the grocery store and bought ourselves some snacks and desserts to eat while we watched Transformers once we got back to the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment