Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thursday-Carrefour and dinner with Narry

I went to Chinese in the morning. After class, Kevin, the Norwegians, Jared and I wanted to go to a restaurant right by school, but they wouldn't seat anyone for whatever reason. Instead, we ate by the apartments. The restaurant wanted to serve us hot pot but no one wanted it, so Jared just pointed to something on the menu that turned out to be fried rice of all sorts. I had egg fried rice. After lunch, the five of us (Marit, Magnus, Kevin, Jared and I) went to Carrefour to buy groceries and cell phones for Kevin and I. We got lost on the way there, but finally arrived (after stopping by a couple of banks since Jared and I needed money). Kevin and I bought our cell phones and went downstairs to buy groceries. Carrefour was so packed. It was like Wal-Mart during Christmas times 1000. I could barely walk through the crowd. Once I finally found what I wanted, I stood in line to check out. One of the workers redirected some of us to another line that was hardly moving. After waiting for about half an hour, I decided to leave my basket of groceries in line and just left. I walked back to the apartments alone and stopped at a grocery store on the way. I bought what I wanted there successfully. Narry came over again later that night to discuss the details of the trip and we all (including Marit and Christie) went to dinner where Narry ordered some typical Sichuan dishes, such as sweet and sour pork, bitter melon and egg, rice cakes with soup poured over, jiachang doufu (homestyle tofu), and spicy chicken. It was all delicious. We then returned hime where I packed, did some homework, and surfed the internet.

4 comments:

  1. Have you learned to eat with the chopsticks (you all seem to be eating constantly - lol)?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I've learned more or less how to use them. And yes, we eat a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is what you do in Chengdu.. eat. I hate bitter melon, how do you eat that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, this is true. I'm not a big fan of the bitter melon, so I normally just eat whatever else there is that I like...

    ReplyDelete